by John and Ruth Greene
“Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.” – 3 John 2, NKJV
In 3 John the writer encourages fellowship with his spiritual brothers and sisters. These brothers and sisters of like faith are the assembly or gathering, what the world calls the ‘church’ of YHWH, your Heavenly Father.
Like YHWH, John wanted the brothers and sisters in Messiah to be in health and to prosper. The devil wants the opposite, to create sickness and poverty. He wants you bereft of trust in YHWH.
If you are poor and sick, that doesn’t mean that your Heavenly Father is angry with you. It’s Satan that attacks your health and measure of prosperity. The real problem with poverty is that it can keep you from doing for YHWH, as much as riches can. Poverty can restrict you. On the other hand, any life circumstance can help you to see new ways to bring Kingdom truth to others. (“Discernment the World Doesn’t Have“; “Discernment: Having an Ear to Deeper Understanding“; “Living in an Apostate World“)
YHWH wants you healthy and prosperous so that you can get the Message of Truth out to others personally. He wants to reach everyone so that He can come to bring about His New Kingdom on earth. Are you willing to do your part?
As long as YHWH’s people are needlessly sick and poor, they are hindered. YHWH’s people need resources and reasonable health to accomplish the job of His Great Commission. Yes, He wants you to have enough, and to fully understand what that really means for you. Your purpose is share YHWH’s goodness and favor with others. Will you? (“Your Purpose in the Body of Messiah“; “Life Healing and Belief“; “Breakthrough Prayer: Unbelief“; “Ya Gotta Have Roots!“)
That divine healing in your life and lifestyle is through the redemptive sacrifice and ongoing work of the Messiah. One of the names for the Almighty is YHWH-Rapha, which means “I AM the Almighty who heals you.” He promises His people:
“And He said, ‘If you carefully listen to the voice of YAHWEH your Elohim, and do what is right in His eyes, and you give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will not put on you all the diseases which I have put on Egypt; for I am YAHWEH Rapha (your Healer).'” – Exodus 15:26, HRB
Disciples must also realize that YHWH puts conditions on personal healing. Each disciple is answerable to diligently listen to His voice, His Word, to do right in His sight and to strengthen your spiritual discernment. When you fulfill this and learn to abide in Him, He is your Healer. (“Abiding With YHWH in Quiet Places“; “YHWH’s Prayer Shawl of Protection“)
Healing Comes Because of the Messiah
The physical bodies of Christians are not perfect, nor will they be as long as we reside in the surroundings of the dark kingdom. Healing always comes through the Messiah in the Holy Spirit [Sanctified, Set Apart Spirit] (Matthew 8:16-17)
* Even while on earth, Yahshua [Jesus] was anointed by the Holy Spirit to heal, as this was part of His divine assignment. (Luke 4:18)
* Though His beating, His stripes, disciples of Messiah are healed. That healing is yours to receive. (1 Peter 2:24)
* Isaiah prophesied that Yahshua [Jesus] would bear our illnesses. (Isaiah 53:4-5)
* Healing is always accomplished in the name of Yahshua [Jesus]. (Acts 4:30)
* Through Yahshua [Jesus], all the fullness and power of YHWH dwells, and is accomplished through the Holy Spirit. (Colossians 2:9)
Yahshua Has Power Over All Disease
“And Yahshua [Jesus] went around all Galilee teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and every sickness among the people.” – Matthew 4:23, HRB
No disease or illness is too ominous or deadly for Yahshua [Jesus]. He healed all manner of diseases, from psychosomatic illness (Luke 13:11) to organic problems (Luke 6:6-10). Some examples are:
*Fever (Matthew 8:14-15)
* Leprosy (Matthew 8:2-3)
* Paralysis (John 5:1-9)
* Withered hand (Luke 6:6-10)
* Palsy (Luke 5:17-26)
* Blind (Mark 10:46-52)
* Hemorrhage (Luke 8:43-48)
* Nervous condition (Matthew 15:21-28)
* Deafness (Matthew 11:5)
* Mute (Luke 11:14)
* Seizures (Matthew 17:14-20)
* Crippling spirits (Luke 13:10-17)
* Dropsy (Luke 14:1-6)
* Severed ear (Luke 22:49-51)
* Unclean spirits (Luke 6:18)
* Demon possession (Luke 8:26)
YHWH’s People Have Been Given Spiritual Power
“And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease.” – Matthew 10:1, NKJV
Contrary to the teaching of many, divine healing did not end with the early ministry of Yahshua [Jesus]. Healing has been carried forward by those that are willing to believe that YHWH heals through Yahshua [Jesus] the Messiah. His obedient followers have been given the same power.
* Yahshua [Jesus] told His followers to heal the sick. Mark noted that Yahshua [Jesus] gave them power to heal the sicknesses. (Mark 3:15) Luke says that Yahshua [Jesus] gave them authority to cure diseases and heal the sick. (Luke 9:1-2)
* Yahshua [Jesus] said that certain signs would follow those who believe in Him. They will lay hands on the sick and the sick will recover. (Mark 16:18)
* Early believers practiced prayer for the sick. As a result, the sick were healed.
-Peter and John ministered at the gate. (Acts 3:1-11)
-Peter ministered healing. (Acts 9:33-34)
-Philip ministered healing. (Acts 8:6-7)
-Paul ministered healing to the lame man. (Acts 14:8-11)
-Paul ministered healing in a unique way. (Acts 19:11-12)
-Paul ministered healing abroad. (Acts 28:8-9)
* YHWH has given the gift of healing to all of His People that will receive it and are obedient to His will. (1 Corinthians 12:9, 28)
* Yahshua [Jesus] promised that His followers would do greater works than He because He went to the Father. (John 14:12)
Proofs For Healing
“Is any among you sick? Let him call the elders of the Congregation, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of our Master. And the prayer of faith will heal those being sick, and our Master will raise him up. And if he may have committed sins, it will be forgiven him.” – James 5:14-15, HRB
Yahshua [Jesus] gave His disciples instructions for healing that need to be followed.
* Disciples are to call for the elders of the church. YHWH has given the gifts of healing to His people. This helps the elders of the body assist to meet the need, as well as guiding agreement in prayer from the body of disciples.
* Anointing with oil is part of what the Master prescribes. His disciples also anointed with oil. (Mark 6:13)
* Paul laid hands on those he prayed for who were ill. (Acts 28:8)
* You are to pray for the sick “in the name of Yahshua [Jesus].” The promise is as prayers are directed to YHWH, His people will be healed and the Holy Spirit will raise him up. (James 4:14-15)
* Disciples are to be concerned about those who are ill. When they minister to the sick, disciples are to minister as if they are ministering to the Messiah. (Matthew 25:36-40)
Issues With Healing & Spiritual Blocks
“Erastus stayed in Corinth, but Trophimus I have left in Miletus sick.” – 2 Timothy 4:20, NKJV
Not all people receive healing, and certainly not in their time. You must not doubt, but press into the Spirit of YHWH and strengthen your confidence. Your love for YHWH is not about reward or His meeting your every expectation. The truth of YHWH’s Word is evident. There are problems with healing that disciples must understand. (“Properly Directed Prayer is Potent“; “Is Your Forgiveness Real?“)
* Since all men and women age as time goes by, physical healing in this life is a temporary state. Even those that Yahshua [Jesus] raised from the dead did die later, since death in this life is certain until our Savior returns. (John 11:4)
* YHWH knows all and understands all life situations better than we do. He knows your heart and the heart of others. At one time, Paul had to leave his helper behind because of illness. (Romans 9:14, 16)
* There exist both environmental and spiritual causes of illness.
Until these are corrected, healing cannot come or continue, especially where unrepentant sin and spiritual strongholds are concerned. (“Spiritual Disease that Eats at Your Salvation“; “Strongholds & the Armor of YHWH“; “The Importance of Practical Repentance“)
-YHWH cannot honor the prayer of unrepentant sinners, especially where unforgiveness is involved. (John 9:31)
-Sickness can come through disobedience to YHWH. In this case, healing comes only through correction. (1 Corinthians 11:30-31)
-Some need to confess personal sin so that prayer with healing can follow. (James 5:16)
YHWH desires that you prosper and be in health, just as your soul prospers. You must do your part to clean out the spiritual debris in your heart and mind that can block the healing you desire. Family iniquity can also disable your healing. (3 John 2; Psalm 103:2-6; Proverbs 3:1-5; Isaiah 38:16-17)
These are beginning principles behind divine health and healing. (“What Is Washing By The Word?“; “Spiritual Fruit & Renewing Your Mind“; “Disease & Spiritual Roots“; “Get Rid of Spiritual Toxins“; “Healing: The Beginning of Love“; “Healing: What YHWH Wants for You!“; “Healing Scriptures“); for details on prayer, input “prayer” in the website search box.
These books (Miracle of the New Man – Two Kingdoms) have more details about healing the inner man so that the outer man can follow (renewing your mind and heart). Both are also available as electronic books for your digital reader! (New Man e-book – Two Kingdoms e-book)