by John Greene
When Satan and his agents attack disciples of the Messiah, he (they) has several goals in mind. He wants to:
- To intimidate you.
- Draw you away from Elohim [‘God’, YHWH].
- Suppress and stop YHWH’s purpose in your life.
- Deny YHWH the credit and honor He deserves.
- To control you.
- To destroy you.
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” – 1 Peter 5:8, NKJV
- Satan seeks to direct your attention to personal needs or desires. Satan wants you to believe that YHWH is not providing for you properly. He wants to place doubt in your heart. He seeks to draw you away from Elohim by any means possible. Satan wants you to deny the righteous discernment you have or require. He wants you to turn away from YHWH, even by small degrees at a time. He seeks to numb you to truth.
- Satan longs to create doubt in your mind. He wants to deny YHWH the honor and love that He deserves. He wants to stop your obedience to the Bible and to doubt your salvation. Satan seeks to break your trust. He wants to break your heart, to make you broken and bruised. He wants you to feel cut off from YHWH, to deny His name, to give in to apathy and neglect, resulting in your destruction.
- Satan and the dark kingdom seek to debate your faith – your trust in Elohim and His Kingdom. Debate is one of Satan’s oldest tactics to weaken your strength. Satan sells his point of view, which at first is likely to be a slight variation in what you know to be true. This is what caused Adam and Eve to exchange their freedom and yours to thousands of years of human pain and suffering.
- Satan is a master at choosing his time to attack carefully. Satan and his demons are master people watchers, fully aware of the power of strongholds, including those that are handed down through generations. Satan and the dark kingdom are not your friends.
- Satan is a master of deception. He loves to use others, whether family or false teachers to trip you up, to mislead you and to destroy your trust in Elohim and the purpose of Messiah by putting other things in front of Them. This includes cleverly substituting himself in your life by any means possible. (note John 10:10 regarding false teachers)
- Satan wants to create division. He has done this through religion with great success. He is a great divider where family connections are concerned. How many wonderful family testimonies and ministries have been destroyed through divorce and disagreement because disciples refuse to love one another as brothers in like trust, and to obey scripture while trusting in YHWH alone? Satan seeks to insert strife in every friendship, through the body of believers and through your witness to others. Satan wants your joy, then your trust.
- Satan wants your ruin and destruction. This is nothing personal, just part of the insanity of his rebellion against YHWH. You are merely a pawn that he wants to harm mentally, physically and spiritually. He seeks to poison your body or to convince you to bring violence, addiction, lust and disease into your life. Satan seeks to back you into a spiritual corner. He wants you to be angry, bitter and resentful. He wants you to believe that obedience to the Bible or anything that YHWH instructs is unnecessary.
How will you survive the spiritual battle and into YHWH’s Kingdom?
“It remains, my brothers, that you are empowered in the Master and in the dominion of His strength (relating to verses 1-9). Clothe yourself with the full armor of Elohim. You are able to be of power, to stand against the trickery of the enemy. Because we consistently wrestle, not against flesh and blood, but against the foundations of principalities, against delegated authority, against the lord of this age, the darkness of this continuing age, against spiritual depravity on high. In the same way, take up the full armor of Elohim in order that you are able to be of power, to resist in the evil day and to work out all things established.” – Ephesians 6:10-13, direct translation
Be strongly grounded by putting on the new man in Messiah. (Romans 6:6; Ephesians 4:22-24; Colossians 3:1, 9-10; “Strongholds & the Armor of YHWH“; “The Miracle of the New Man“; “The Antichrist & the War on Reality“)
“…if indeed you have heard Him and were taught by Him, as truth is in Yahshua: that you put off – with regard to your former way of life – the old man, being corrupted according to the desires of the deceit, and to be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the renewed man which was created according to Elohim, in righteousness and set-apartness of the truth.” – Ephesians 4:21-24, ISR98
Stand firm by putting on the whole armor of Elohim. (Ephesians 6:14-17)
“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.” – John 14:26, NKJV
Stand strong in prayer.
“Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” – Matthew 26:41, NKJV
“…praying at all times, with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, watching in all perseverance and supplication for all the set-apart ones” – Ephesians 6:18, ISR98